Old Sat, Feb-07-04, 18:29
Registered Member

Plan: atkins (ish)
Stats: 169/139.9/129.9 Female 5'4
BF:?/suddenly lots/21
Progress: 74%
Cool them darned low carb bars

Hi Everybody,

I'm just new to this site and have been doing a lot of reading. Actually I just did an essay on researching low carb diets for a communications class I'm taking and that's how I found ya all.

Anyway...I have attempted to get back at this for quite some time. I am a TOTAL chocohaulic. It's very serious, I absolutely CANNOT live without the stuff...

In the past, when I was energetic enough to work out, The Atkins bars (more so the ones from the States that have all the fibre in them) didn't seem to hurt me too much. And when I fell off the diet, I have used them as an alternative choice to eating real chocolate bars. I was diabetic in both of my pregnancies (my kids are teens now) and I know that increases my chances later in life so I am quite worried about my weight.

I havent weighed myself yet because as long as I'm not squeezing into jeans, I know I'll just get depressed if I really know what i weigh. I think I need to lose about 30 but I'm not sure.

I have a whole bunch of Atkins bars at home now and some other brand name (Genesoy I think) but am hoping to get off of them for the two weeks. I am waiting for all of the Atkins information to arrive in my lil town of Timbucktwo in the mail so I can really study up on induction. I was kind of sort of following Suzanne Somers in the past as I felt this didnt have enough veggies. I have since changed my mind and want to give it a serious go. My understanding about the first two weeks at this point is meat, poultry, eggs.... 4 oz cheese and ~3 C low carb veggies??????

Am I right in staying off these things and only eating what I listed for two weeks?

Sheesh tomorrow nights family turkey dinner is gonna be a toughy without the starchy stuff! The one thing I do use Atkins bars for is a reward when I have avoided a whole lot of other stuff. Boy am I ever in the wrong frame of mind on this. I hope I smarten up! HELPPPPPP!!!!![FONT=Arial]