#14   ^
Old Sat, Feb-07-04, 17:39

Plan: OWL - Induction Carbs
Stats: 385/321/225 Male 75 inches
BF:BMI 48.1/40.1/28.1
Progress: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by toning_up
Here...I'm suffering from PMS today. Let me email them for you. Once I'm done with them they'll have that label changed by Monday.....

HAHAHA!! That really put a laugh in my belly! And it was ZERO carbs!

Seriously folks, I'm not sweating the fact that I may slightly go over "20 carbs" tonight with dinner (all good foods I assure you). I can deal with that. Besides, I have lost very well on Induction so far, so I can't complain about a one-day "hiccup".

The thing that really sticks in my craw is that I was misled. If it were only a 1 or 2 carb difference, maybe I wouldn't be so concerend.

But an 8 carb difference is another matter entirely. That equates to a 300% difference in carb grams than what they proclaim all over their bottle and the sites that sell their product. I find this unacceptable. I am lucky to have discovered the problem after eating this only once. What about all the people on this board that are eating this product and other Steel's products that have no idea? 8 grams is nearly half of the daily carb allowance for people on Induction. I made this post in the hope that others might benefit and also that we might get an explanation from Steel's

I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt hwoever and wait to see if they respond to me. It may simply be an inadvertent labeling error which they may need to correct. We will see what evolves.

And I still am not clear on how it can list Total carbs at 1, but show fiber at .5 and sugars at 1 carb. Last I checked 1 plus .5 equals 1.5, which is "more" than their Total carbs listed. Something ain't right and I hope to find out what it is.

JFF