#1   ^
Old Sat, Feb-07-04, 11:18
Registered Member

Plan: lots of meat
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 5 10"
BF:goal: 17%
Progress: 41%
Default PMS craving discussion :)

this is a subject that's been brought up many times... but maybe we can get some good info in here.

Intro: I have a great time eating low carb - super strict, never hungry, absolutely NO cravings whatsoever.. have to force myself to eat enough calories sometimes. This is when I have a limited menu. (when I start getting creative I stard wanting more food - which is fine for maintaining, but for me I've got to be very strict to see a loss) I even enjoy the feeling of an empty stomach. It makes me feel alert and energetic, so when it eat it is usually in small quantities.

I went for about....2.5-3 weeks without a sniff, lick, bite or desire for anything other than what I decided to eat and then one day pms hit and I became food obsessed. I want to eat all day! I'm actually hungry and have such strong urges to eat that when I follow my set plan ...once night time hits I generally splurge with something low carb high fat. When I make a salad to be eaten over several meals - I'll eat it all at once, and I WANT that stuffed feeling.

It's obviously hormone induced, and I'd say most women have an increased appetite at this time of the month. FOr those of us who don't want to eat a LOT more, what is there to be done? Emotionally I'm not lacking, nothing stressful going on in my life, fulfilling marriage...

I'm taking a cocktail of black cohosh, evening primrose and st johns wort this month and it really seems to be helping severe mood swings, but hasn't done a WHOLE lot for the desire for lots of food.

Lets open this up to experiences and ideas

Meg
Sponsored Links