View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Feb-07-04, 03:22

Plan: aitkins
Stats: 198/198/143 Female 155cm
BF:
Progress: 0%

I've been reading this thread with interest because I have been having the same thoughts about this. This is the second time I've tried Aitkin's, the first time was over years ago and doomed to fail. Ok I lost 8 kilos but spent the whole of induction desperate for carby foods and as soon as I got off it got into the lc substitutes, the sugarfree chocolate, tried the Aitkin's bars. Big time stall and I fell off the wagon. This time I feel different, I don't have the urge to get into the substitutes. I'm not saying that I'll never indulge in them, but hope to make it an infrequent indulgance not an everyday one.

My weight problems mostly stem from eating the wrong things, it also came from low self-esteem too. I have always been told I was fat because I was being compared to my elder sister, I was the "fat one" so I grew up believing no matter what I did I would always be fat. Looking back I was actually normal size for my age, my sister was very small for hers (she was still buying from the children's dept into her 20's, she is 4'10). I did have trouble on low-fat diets and when a Dr told me I needed to lose weight I asked him how. He said "Eat less". I was trying to live on less than 900 cals at the time and nothing was happening.