View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Feb-06-04, 17:45

Plan: Atkins/Counting Calories
Stats: 173/165/145 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 29%

You have sooooo hit the nail on the head. I have totally steered clear of the LC products. I work with a girl that has tried almost every single LC bread available and critiques them all. She asks if I want to try it or if I would like her to pick me up a loaf at the day old bakery. I tell her no thanks, when I'm ready for bread I will choose a naturall high fiber bread more and likely Ezekiel bread before I will eat the LC bread. She also buys the pastas, candies sauce etc. She has been LC'ing for almost a year and maybe lost 10 lbs (has about 80 to lose) and she's about ready to give up because it's not working and she doesn't feel good all the time. I want to tell her to quit eating all the LC crap but I don't want to overstep my bounds.

I do keep a few LC chocolate bars and ice cream bars in the outside freezer. Between DH and I I think we have only eaten 2 or 3 in the last month. I save them mainly for TOM and like others have said, I would rather have that than a regular candy bar.

As for the LC pizza, I might try it someday. When I do have it, it would be considered a treat for a special day like my birthday or something.

I too feel that people are going to eat all this LC crap, not lose weight and blame Atkins.

BTW, I looked at the Carb Solutions Ragu Marinara sauce and it has 5 carbs. Price $3.69. Then I just checked the regular marinara's and Hunts sells one for $1.25 sometimes on sale for $0.99 and it also has 5 carbs. So if you search, you can find things without the price.

On my way to work today I was disgusted with myself for weighing myself everyday and thought, "remember when you went to Weight Watchers and you weighed in once a week and talked to WW counselors about problems, success's etc. Well, why don't they open up some Atkins Centers. That way when people want to join, or start this WOE, they get help from trained Atkins counselors that can help them out and let them know that the LC products could be hindering their WL, or health goals. There is money to made there I tell ya!

Wee