View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Feb-06-04, 15:09
Recovering Yo-Yo

Plan: What's best for me
Stats: 291.6/147/164 Female 5'8"
BF:A work in progress
Progress: 113%

Well one would hope that if you are talking to someone at the Cancer Agency that they would make an attempt to correlate smoking with the reason they are in business.....strange. Well I guess we can only cross our fingers and hope that when they are talking to our young and impressionable youth that they stick with some of the health issues over the others....catch em young and scare em young. I wish I had been taught the evils of smoking when I was young. But growing up in a day when smoking was the norm for most adults, my parents smoked as did the majority of their adult friends and relatives. Thanks god things have changed since then.

For me.....I quit because of the money. I knew it was bad for me, but the thing that bothered me most was the I was so hoplessly addicted to something that I had to spend so much money on. When I quit, I was a pack and a half a day....so at that time $16.50 a day for smokes for me plus $8.25 for my husband's pack a day habbit....it made me angry! Now don't get me wrong, I am happy for the rewards I am reaping health wise because I quit....but sadly my motivating factor was the cash. Doesn't say alot for me, but hell, I'm smoke free over 8 months now and that does say alot for me.

Congrats to all who have quit.....it's a tough thing to give up and you should all be very proud of yourselves!