View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Feb-06-04, 13:06
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Get rid of the beer. You'll save a ton of money and carbs.

I buy cheap meats (such as beef heart) or meats on sale. If you have a freezer buying bulk meats, then wrapping them in individual servings also helps. I do spend a little more to get the individualy frozen chicken breasts. My typical lunch is a large cesear salad with cubed chicken breasts. Salads are cheap and healthy (go for darker greens).

One cheap way to use the eggs is to make quiches in individual muffin tins. Then freeze the quiches and thaw when needed.

For lunches I would take a hamburger patty with cheese and wrap it in a nappa cabbage leaf. You throw it in tupperware and keep it in book bag until lunch. When lunch time rolls around the juices from the hamburger have soaked through the lea fjust enough to make it stick to the meat, but not enough to make it lose it's crunch.

Buy a holw chicken and then throw it in a stew pot. Remove the boens once it's boild, throw in some veggies and eat soup for a few days. I've also found just leaving soup going in a crockpot on the counter is great. You have a quick, hot delicious meal any time you want.

Learn the art of skillet cooking. Just take what ever you have in the fridge, throw it all in a skillet and cook it together until warm. Ground meat and salad greens cooked this way make wilted salad. Do chicken, pepperoni, cheese, and tomato sauce fo ra pizza skillet. Fry bacon, then use the grease to fry cabbage. Crumble the cooked bacon into the cabbage and top with a coule eggs if you want.

Make a casserole such as the tofu mack and cheese or zucchini lasagne on the weekend, then grab left overs through out the week (both of these taste amazing and are great comfort foods).

With the cheap beef heart, cut it into strips, marinate in a fajita marinade and make fajitas. Just eat like a stirfry and skip the tortillas, yummy.