#14   ^
Old Thu, Feb-05-04, 22:35

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummelda
Thanks very much for your concern, blueflyer.

Interestingly, one of the references said that a symptom of this is that ketones are not as efficiently excreted - even at the depths of Atkins induction when I was consistently eating below 20g of carbs a day, the Ketostix never registered in the last two colours for me.

This may sound like gobbledegook but since the symptoms seem to be better when I eat more often, I am making sure I include enough vegetables to keep the carbs up and don't overdo the fat.

It's an important note that this diet does mess with your metabolism so that if you have underlying problems, you need to be very much aware of them and what the implications of adjusting your diet will be on your body. I still have over 65 pounds to lose and am determined to lose it but don't want to pay the price of permanent damage to my metabolism.

Understand, this diet doesn't mess with your metabolism. It brings metabolic problems to light. In other words, if you have metabolic problems they will become notable. Yes, the diet can be adapted to accomodate any health deficiency and this information is covered in the book. Eating small frequent meals are probably the answer for you, like you said. I know that this has been posted for a while but your carbs are probably way too low. It is reccommended to balance them throughout the day If you eat 3xs a day. Eat 7 grams for breakfast,7 for lunch and 6 for dinner. I was lightheaded when on induction and I just raised my carbs and things were better.

If you are not burning fat then you will not have ketones.