View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Feb-05-04, 13:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 338/253/210 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 66%

CindySue,

I have no history of heart attack in my family. On my father's side, nobody can recall any member of the family who died of a heart attack. There has been one on my mother's side. My cholesterol counts are always terrific. I've never had so much as a sligh palpitation.

But, even given the possibility of a wonderful drug like this, I'd still need to diet. All kinds of other health and enjoyability factors would still matter. I still don't want to be fat, even though my heart disease risk factors are lower than most people's -- other than my 290 pounds of body mass making the heart work too hard.

If they can pull this off, it would be a great thing for a lot of people, fat and not. I know a guy who had a major heart attack at 35. He was not fat, but has a terrible family history of the men dying young. Hopefully, guys like that can get help from a drug like this.

(And you know, if they introduced safe pills that made us lose weight tomorrow, I'd be on them, even given the amount of weight this wonderful WOE has let me lose so far!)