View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-05-04, 12:31

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 186/155/148 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 82%
Thumbs up review: CHOCOLATE CHUNK CUPCAKES

These mini cupcakes are my big favorite! I have a bag sitting here which is why I am doing the review now. They are called "brownie bites" by Maine Cottage Foods, but they are really little cupcakes that come 12 to a bag. I typically eat one or two at a time. They are *very* filling so I have never been able to eat three. I checked out the ingredients and they are good ones, nothing weird.

Maine Cottage Foods ( http://www.mainecottagefoods.com ) is a low carb home bakery. So the food is made just when you order it by a real person. There's no preservatives and they taste really fresh since my cupcakes were not sitting in a warehouse somewhere waiting to be sent. And they look homemade - logically, since they are homemade - so they would be nice to set out for company or bring to someone's house.

I also like that shipping is included even for one package, so I don't feel pressure to buy a bunch at one time. Every time I make a big order to get the most for my shipping cost, it is a disaster. Either the stuff goes bad or I end up eating way too much.

Maine Cottage Foods currrently sells these cupcakes and a brownie plate (which I haven't tried). The site says they have other items coming, like madeleines. Oh, and another thing that is cool is that you can customize them with various add-ins, and even pick what kind of chocolate you like. My favorites so far are the plain dark chocolate and the milk chocolate with walnuts. Both are extra delicious if you microwave them about 10 secs. Not too much else the big chocolate chunks will melt away.

The mini cupcakes cost $14/bag of 12 (11 oz net weight) and the plate is $12. Each mini is about 1.4 impact carbs depending on the add ins. Add-ins and flavors are free of charge. The bag I have now (dark chocolate with almonds and coconut) is total carbs 10.1g, dietary fiber 4.0g, sugar alcohols 4.7g.

Ingredients: cream (yay!), dark chocolate coating, almonds, egg, erythritol, unsweetened baking chocolate, wheat gluten, ground almonds, cellulose, whey protein booster, dried coconut, inulin, lecithin, guar gum, glycerol, vanilla, coconut extract, cream of tartar, concentrated fruit juice, baking soda.
Sponsored Links