View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Feb-05-04, 12:24

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle II
Stats: 191/189/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Oh, dear, yes!
Progress: 5%

I've had a wonderful time on CAD/CALP. I'm an Atkins refugee -- only lost 2 lbs in 5 weeks on Atkins induction -- and I did not gain weight by switching to CAD. Rather, I lost fairly quickly at first, and then it slowed down to slow but sure. After 2 weeks on the Entry Plan of CAD, I switched to CALP where you can add in variations according to metabolism, physical problems, age, etc..

You don't have to do low-fat on CAD/CALP, but you can, and still lose weight! Low-fat Atkins just doesn't work. If you balance the RM as the book says, and you make sure to eat it within the 1 hour time limit (not one minute more!), you won't get an insulin spike. Insulin is the hormone that causes fat storage. And that's how CAD/CALP works -- no insulin surge, no fat storage!

The other meal or two look very similar to Atkins, but be certain to get the list of craving-reducing foods. These are slightly different than the allowable foods on Atkins. If the food you want for CMs isn't on The List, save it for RM.

Be certain to take the Carb Addicts' test, available in a Stickie on the CAD/CALP forum. If you pass (which most low-carbers do), then this WOE should work for you.

We each have different bodies and different metabolisms, so don't be afraid to try a different eating plan. If it doesn't work for you, you can always go back to Atkins or check out a completely different plan, such as Protein Power (I know a lot of people who lost a lot of weight on that plan, too!).

Stop by my journal any time.