View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 21:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 182/170/143 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 31%

Hmmmmmm....now I'm really confused.

A while back on the Newbies forum, someone asked a very similar question concerning the amount of calories you can consume and still continue to lose weight. Someone told this person that it was 10-12x your present weight. I had always heard that it was 10-12x your GOAL weight, as well. Then, I was kindly corrected by another member of the board, who offered this link:
http://atkins.com/helpatkins/newfaq...AmIAllowed.html

So, apparently the Atkins center says we can continue to lose weight at 10-12x our current weight.
So what's the deal? I know it's not a huge difference for some people who are closer to goal. But for those who have a lot more weight to lose, this is very important...some people may consuming waaayy many calories while others are falling far short.
Plus, I've heard (and this may or may not be the truth) that we should eat more calories as long as we're losing, to prevent slowing down our metabolism. Something like, the more calories you eat while losing, the more you'll be able to consume in lifetime maintenance and stay at goal.

I'm still rather new at this myself, so forgive me if I'm misrepresented anything or anyone...