View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 10:45

Plan: Semi-Vegeterian LCer
Stats: 375/000/220 Female 5'5
BF:45%
Progress: 242%
Default Period Cravings and Low Carbing

Okay, I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, which means I have problems with infertility because I don't have regular periods, and other problems.

I've been re-low carbing a month now and am excited about seeing myself shrink but I've had my period two months in a roll now-(which hasn't happened in a long time, I've gone as long as 6 months without a period)-which I think may be the result of losing weight because weight gain often interferes with ovalution. So, yesterday I cooked my 7 yr old dd's food which was rice-(for her only) and chicken and a salad, but I ended up eating about 3/4 cup of rice. I looked on the bag and it said that 1/4 cup of rice was 35 carbs. That's not including the butter. I don't need any extra weight added and this just blew off my whole diet. I'm not very upset with myself but I was wondering if I do start having regular periods, what could I eat when I have a carb attack???

I used to crave potatoes and rice during my periods but I haven't had to deal with it in so long. What do you do when you have your periods???
Sponsored Links