View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 08:22

Plan: atkins
Stats: 205/150/127 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 71%

Well, Maybe I can beat ya.

I was just offered this amazing new position and was sent to Nashville TN to begin training. This job pays well and the benefits are terrific.

Anyway, I packed all of my stuff for the 3 weeks I would be there, scraped together some spending money and bought 3 new business suits.

I was there for one night and the head of HR called to tell me that during my background check, they found a bounced check that I had written 10 years ago and since I didn't report the fact I had to pay a fine im court etc, that they had to send me home. (it was considered a conviction on my record, a $30 check that i paid.. who knew)

So, here i am.. back home.. less money... embarrassed like you guys wouldn't believe. This is pretty bad, but somehow I managed not to gorge myself silly.

I know that I will find something else and get past this, but this just bites.. I graduated summa cum laude with a BS in Business, have almost completed an MBA and a stupid move 10 years back derails me. yuck.

Well, thanks for letting me share. And if this doesn't cause me to overeat then nothing will lol..

Take care