Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 05:39
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fridayeyes
Have you calculated your bodyfat percentage recently? I remember a post from you awhile back basically saying "Where are the losses?" If you've lost fat but gained a nearly equal amount of muscle, you may be at your goal even though your weight is higher than you thought it would be. I joke about weight training being the easiest 'diet' in the world - you just keep moving your goal weight UP.

I am a fan of low-carb, but I stalled for 6 months, and now I'm moving again with this recent change, so it's definitely a YMMV thing.

Thankyou Fridayeyes,

You know I feel exactly the same way, it was just a couple of days ago in my journal that I said I was going to stop trying to lose weight. I'm still quite far from what was my goal BUT to be realistic my measurments can't really get much smaller for someone my age (if any one reads them and thinks they are small please remember I'm quite short 5'2.5 - you can tell when someone feels short - they ALWAYS mention that half inch) it dosen't seem to matter what I eat - I won't gain much and I won't lose much - BUT if I don't exercise I'll expand. The biggest change for me was coming to love exercise instead of looking at it as something I had to do and get over with - now I usually look forward to working out and put all I have into into it - and look on it as a gift to myself instead of a torture session.

Good for you for breaking your stall, and even better for your dedication to exercise. A few years ago I read something - "Exercise is your license to eat" while it's not a license to eat EVERYTHING it's certainly true.