View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Feb-03-04, 21:52
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/carb cycling
Stats: 216.5/211/170 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 12%

Well, I recently fell off the wagon so to speak...gave into eating off plan bcs after 4 hrs of driving, I arrived at my parents' house with my 4 yo son, only to find no low carb options in their house (my parents must not eat!!) No one was home at the time and instead of getting back into the car, and going to the store, I started eating Chips Ahoy (I don't even like them that much!) Then I remembered what my sister told me about eating off plan....if you're going to do it, keep it short, but make it good (she's maintained her weight on Atkins for 6 months now). So when my parents arrived, I went to the store, stocked up on low carb foods, and bought Oreos and ben & Jerry's...ate the whole pint, and more cookies than I shoudl have.

And, you know what? Oreos and Ben and Jerry's had always been my favorite "treat" before going on this diet...but they realy did nothing for me. I ate them bcs I thought I should get them out of my system so to speak, but they did nothing for me. I am relieved bcs I feel like I no longer have this devil on my shoulder. Thankfully, I went back to plan the next day and am back in ketosis. Good lesson learned though!