Old Tue, Feb-03-04, 14:12

Plan: PP
Stats: 160/149/125 Female 66 in.
BF:
Progress: 31%

~sigh~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath
Carbohydrate-reduced or carbohydrate-free diets appear to work on the surface.

Yes it has worked well on many surfaces, including all of that fat on the surface of my rear-end, and continues to do so.

Quote:
When something, like carbohydrates, is taken out of a product, like chips, ice-cream, or chocolate bars, other things are added in to replace what has been taken out. But many dieters look no further than the front of the product, neglecting the nutrition facts label, before making food choices, a crucial diet mistake. Sometimes the calories may have even increased, even if the carbohydrates have decreased, Fitzgerald says.

I think this is true, although it's not extra calories that concern me, but the weird additives in some LC products.

Quote:
Making better choices

When looking to lose weight, people should turn to complex, unrefined carbohydrates, full of fiber and nutrients. Eating a slice of whole grain bread, rather than a couple of crackers made from processed flour with a lower-fiber content, is a better diet choice because foods made from white flour like white bread, white rice, and pasta lose much of their nutrient value as they are processed. Fitzgerald also recommends replacing refined sugary cereals with whole grain cereal.

Why does everybody assume that the only reason to do LC is for weight loss? I understand many people start LC for this reason, but I think a large percentage of people are also working for the health benefits, and reduction of risk factors for chronic diseases that are a bigger problem than obesity alone. They don't even address this, let alone acknowledge the existence of things like the connection between the glycemic index and diabetes.

Btw, I'm getting really sick of constantly having the words "whole grains" hammered at me these days.