#5   ^
Old Mon, Aug-20-01, 16:17
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
........restart my "Study" as of Thursday Aug. 23rd.
the 23rd is this Wednesday, therefore, Day 1 of the cycle has to be on Wed. not Thurs.
Quote:
... you mention to Angel on Aug. 13th that "day's 3, 4 and 5 are dairy free.". Yet, in Karen's advice on Aug. 13th, in her Low-Carb Project v.1.2, she includes on Day 4 (Stillman)- baker's cheese and cottage cheese is allowed..
right you are Joe ... and Wa'il pointed that out to me promptly, whereby I corrected myelf a few posts further down the list, with tongue-in-cheek apology for not equating dry cottage cheese (ickkk, cacccckkk.. bleeahhh) with dairy. ..
Quote:
I assume that I was ok on Day 2, (Fat Fast) ?
Fat intake looks perfect , and carbs below 10g, which is great. But protein is restricted to 15g. Some of us are just eating the egg yolks, and saving the white for another day. Regular hard cheese is also higher in protein than desired. You might consider using mayonnaise or other vegetable oils, which will give you good unsaturated fats, without any carbs or protein. You may have one cup of shredded lettuce, so perhaps a salad made with chopped cooked egg yolks, and mayonnaise or olive oil as a dressing.

This is definitely tough, and I find I have to sit down and write out my menu at least the day before, to ensure that I'm eating the correct foods, and the correct portions.

I'm doing Day 2 today, which is the Fat Fast. I did a trial run on Saturday, and posted the menu in the Fat Fast thread. I'm having a different menu today, which I worked out the foods, and the portions yesterday. That menu is in my Study journal here in this Study forum. Anyway, maybe take a look at those, and see if it gives an idea for what you'd like to do.

Tomorrow for me will be the Calorie Boost day. It took me an hour last night to figure out a menu that had enough calories, and the proper level of carbs. Fitday.com will let you plan menus in advance, you just have to click on the forward >> arrows next to the date at the top. That way, you can plug in your menu and know in advance whether it's enough or too much or whatever ... I'm finding that really helpful for me, instead of writing down everything AFTER the fact, and finding out I went over the limit, or didn't have nearly enough to eat and it's bedtime!

Glad you've chosen to stick with it Joe. And all the best for your kitchen renovations too. Hey, maybe you could post a picture for us when it's complete ..

Doreen