View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Feb-03-04, 09:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 480/440.2/225 Male 6' 2"
BF:
Progress: 16%

This won't be a happy post...

Please don't consider this surgery. It IS NOT WORTH THE RISK - that's it, period. I know two people who had this surgery done. Both of them lost loads of weight (each was over 400 lbs), but at the expense of their health. Yes, that's right, as they lost the weight, they became more and more sick with more and more complications. One of my friends has gone under the knife 3 times in addition to the original surgery because of the complications.

The reason this surgery is so popular is because physicians (most of which I believe are crooked SOBs, but that's another story) are taking advantage of the average first world citizen's desire for immediate results. We want what we want, and we want it NOW.

So, when you lose the weight, what then? You can still only have 6 oz of food and/or drink at any given meal. And it is more likely than not that more and more complications will arise as you get older and older.

I beg of you - and remember, this is a complete stranger - please do not consider this surgery.