View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Feb-03-04, 07:26
PuertoRican Princess

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%

Let me just say that having this surgery won't cure you of your old ways of eating. Yes the surgery works and you lose wieght real fast. But you go through alot physically and emotionally just to get thinner. You can lose weight on your own without the surgery, you've proven it to yourself already. Just look at how much you've lost already. Wouldn't you want to feel like you accomplished something and didn't take the easy way out. Which by the way isn't EASY! You CAN gain the weight back. YES YOU CAN! I've seen it happen. Like I said before, you may lose weight and fast, but what's the point of it if you haven't learned to eat properly which you do learn to do overtime with Atkins.

I considered this too and prayed about it but GOD said NO when he let me get pregnant. I knew then this wasn't right for me. (sorry if I hit a religion sore spot with this one....I'm Christian and believe in praying and waiting for an answer)

I've lost 24 pounds since November 2003 on Atkins and I feel like I really accomplished something. Without the help of surgeons.

I would not recommend it unless you are the type of person that just can't lose weight no matter what you do. Which you can by your stats'......Or if you are near your death bed cause you are so overly overweight that you need this urgently. Which your not.

You have to meet certain criteria's to have this surgery by the way. You have to be 100 pounds overweight or more and have health problems that are associated to the weight. I was 100 pounds overweight at the time I requested the surgery but because I was perfectly healthy other than being FAT they denied me. Don't be fooled by your doctor saying this is the only way you can lose the weight, it's not true. He may just be after the pay he'll get if you do it. (not saying he is but hey, chances are right)

This is my opinion though.