View Single Post
  #24   ^
Old Mon, Feb-02-04, 20:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 231/172/175 Male 70 inches
BF:30%/19%/17%
Progress: 105%

I have found that exercise helps me maintain my weight as well as speed weight loss. I do agree that you need diet as well, although I have never been very successful with diet alone.

I too run and do weights, but I don't spend more then an hour doing it. I either run for 30 minutes and do weights for 30, or I run for closer to an hour. I certainly can attest to the fact that if you start slowly and work on it, anyone can run 5 miles, although that 8mph pace depends a lot of height (gait really). For me, 8mph over a 5 mile distance is just achievable, and I run a lot.

I don't believe you need to run that fast however, doing 4 miles at 7 mph (fairly easy to get to) will do wonders to speed your diet, make you feel great, give you all the cardio benefits, and tone you up. Add a bit of weights for upper body tone and you have it made.

Please note that althought I have run for years, I would not classify it as really enjoyable, but either is brushing my teeth and I certainly wouldn't stop doing that.

brobin