#13   ^
Old Mon, Feb-02-04, 20:40
Registered Member

Plan: Custom
Stats: 410/253/240 Male 72
BF:Wow/30%/???
Progress: 92%

Hi,
Looks like you are doing well with the Gazelle, 45 min 3X per week is great.

Looks like mixed results on the weight training, which is sad from the standpoint that it is the lean tissue in your body that plays the greatest role in how fast your metabolism is. One indicator of that is most of the hardcore bodybuilders I know wake themselves up at night to eat again (I'm talking about 2 or 3 o'clock in the morning) because they lose too much weight while sleeping because their metabolism is soooo fast. I want to have that problem someday. I like the fact that when you recognized that the 2 lb was getting easy that you increased the load. Its amazing how hard it is for some people to grasp.....good for you!

Why don't you like going to the gym? The problem with weight training at home is unless you spend a great deal of money (I have about $3,000 invested in mine now) you will get stale from the lack of variety. For people who insist on working out at home, and there are lots of good reasons to do that, I recommend they buy a Bowflex or a Crossbow, because they have 50-60 different exercises one can do.

I like the potato analogy (It is similar to the Greek fable of Milos, who would lift a bull every day from the time it was a calf until it was full grown), but I couldn't afford to buy all the potatos I would need these days to duplicate the amount of iron I lift

Maybe you will get to like the gym better. The Swiss ball exercises are really for advanced lifters to develop the smaller stabilizing muscles, I know I'm still working on the big stuff so I don't use a ball. You are covering all the major muscle groups so you get the thumbs up there.