Thread: OK so now what?
View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Feb-02-04, 17:49

Plan: Atkins (customized)
Stats: 158/137/130
BF:
Progress: 75%

I haven't reached my goal -- but I've become quite happy with my success so far (in the mirror as well ). From my understanding, when you're within 10lbs of your goal weight, it's a good idea to go into phase2. Basically adding 5grams of carbs a week (or longer if you feel you need to) until you stop losing. Then just stay at the carb level that gives you continued weight loss, albeit, slower. At least this way this WOL becomes easier to live with, and you can still lose weight. I have also read that guys tend to have a much higher tolerance to carbs and can consume quite a bit before it affects their insulin level. I don't know how much of that part is true -- but I'd say give it a shot. You can follow induction of course, but experience and much reading on the topic says that you'll slow down anyway as your body adjusts... so why not try phase2 and enjoy your foods while realizing your level of tolerance!

I don't know if you've checked this site out, but it may help you in your decision.... http://atkins.com/howto/phase2.html