View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Feb-02-04, 15:35

Plan: PP
Stats: 210/170/170
BF:
Progress: 100%

Me, I do the complete OPPOSITE of what everybody says.

I have always had a problem with eating at night, no matter how much or how frequently I ate during the day.

Yes, I've heard that proverb about breakfast being the 'most important' meal of the day' and that five meals are better than three.

But for me, I was only able to shed those last 10 stubborn pounds by eating lightly or not at all during the day, and only eating dinner (sometimes a biggie) in the evening.

Yep, it's counter to what everybody says, but it works for me like a charm. Yeah, I get pretty hungry by dinnertime. But there is no better feeling than eating a good satisfying meal when you are truly, deep-down, primeval hungry. It's sort of the reward after the day's work is done.

If I'm still hungry later in the evening, I have my snacks at that time.

And naturally, ALL of this eating is low-carb, whole-foods, non-restaurant.

Actually, this eating pattern -- a big meal after a long period without eating -- apparently does good things for blood glucose and cholesterol. There have been a number of research studies on the metabolic effects of Ramadan, whee Moslems fast during daylight hours, and eat only at night. Do a Google search on "Ramadan Fasting Diet" or something. I'm in the office or I'd post the links.

No warranties are expressed or implied. I note only that this works for me.