View Single Post
  #61   ^
Old Mon, Feb-02-04, 04:04

Plan: CAD
Stats: 171/146.0/133 Female 5'4" and 1/4
BF:
Progress: 66%

I don't know if I can post in this thread because I've never been obese, but I've been overweight my entire adult life (since about age 11). In the beginning it was mostly in my head, looking at pictures of me then I look fine. But my parents were always comparing me to my smaller sister, I remember the words "husky", "stocky" and "barrel-chested" and some other unflattering and hurtful things they used to say. My mother used to complain that I didn't have a waist when we went clothes shopping. So now I'm 26 years old and have never had a healthy body image or relationship with food (until CAD).

I definitely notice that people treated me differently during my thinner times. I also definitely noticed the difference in my sister's and my social lives through high school and college...my sis was a Hooters girl in college, and I would have been laughed at for applying.

I'm at the lowest weight I've been at for years, and people are complimenting me left and right...but I'm still not thin enough, I guess. I work with a bunch of skinny girls...I'm the only one not invited to be in one of the server's fashion show next spring. (He's a fashion major). I try to ignore it but they talk about it all of the time. I guess clothes just don't look good in a size 10-12?
Sponsored Links