Old Mon, Feb-02-04, 01:09
Registered Member

Plan: CKD
Stats: 225/170/150 Male 66
BF:
Progress: 73%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederick
For instance, instead of reading on the bike, just run for 30 min while thinking about the...I don't know....enduring questions you contemplated way back in Philosophy 101. You'll get a better workout, more calorie burn, and save some time!

You mean philosophical questions like, "Why do other people think it's any of their g--d--- business how I spend my workout time?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederick
Wouldn’t you agree that anyone would be capable of starting up a running program?

No, I wouldn't. My wife has been an almost total invalid for the past eight months thanks to sciatica brought on in part by stepping up her walking workout to a running workout -- and thanks for reminding me. A lot of people have alignment problems and would be insane to take up running without professional help.

There's also the fact that for some of us, running reminds us of middle school and high school gym classes, with cretinous classmates who enjoyed picking on people like me far more than they enjoyed a good 30-minute run, and idiot instructors who were too busy planning next week's loss on the gridiron to be aware of the abuse, let alone do anything to stop it.
Sponsored Links