#3   ^
Old Sun, Feb-01-04, 23:29
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Planned Permission

So Far I am getting tremendous support, but maybe more so because of my diabetic situation..and they know its more life threatening for me at this point,and that I need to do something drastic right now. My husband is being very supportive, proactive with me.. he has never had a weight issue, I always joked that he ate, and I gained his weight for him... Granted watching hiim eat my beloved mashed potatoes and stuffing at the buffet today did give me a twinge.

As Far as cheating goes.. I guess that is your personal definition. Is it considered cheating if you give yourself permission to have something, in moderation... I think the key is to always use wisdom, self control, and balance.

if you know that having one will lead to another and another, then you arent ready for that particular food... If having one or what you allow yourself, then I think it could be a good thing.

I have read many posts here and elsewhere in the last few days, that say that people have set aside what they consider their 'treat'..and because they have given themselves permission, it takes the guilt factor away, AND some have even reported that after one bite they dont want any more.. isnt that funny? Typical forbidden fruit syndrome.

For instance.. if I were to make mashed potatoes, I would not be able to stop at just a spoonful right now, I am to early into all of this, and I know I would sit down and eat a whole bowl full with butter, sour cream and shredded cheese!

Key points to remember: BALANCE, PERMISSION, PlAN and ARE YOU in CONTROL at the moment?

JMHO!