View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Feb-01-04, 22:53
Former Couch Potato

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 209/195.5/165 Female 5' 8"
BF:Oh yeah!
Progress: 31%

I was involved a lot in sport in younger grades, and then suddenly it all dropped off in high school when I began feeling terribly self-conscious and klutzy!

After that exercise was never really a priority for me. It's been a struggle as an adult to get moving, especially as I get older. I think it's finally starting to change though. Together my DH and I are making time for exercise and doing fun things like biking together.

I have always hated running. But I have been doing the run/walk thing (slacked off during the holidays - bad me!) and have been really surprised by how well it's doing. Being 50 lbs lighter and having a decent pair of shoes has made all the difference. I am following the couch to 5 k program which aims to get you running 30 min in 8 weeks. You start by running only 1 minute, in a graduated program. It's great to see how quickly you can progress.

I have friends that recently got into running, and like you Frederick, they like it for the great return on time invested. I also like the idea of less than 45 min cardio sessions, considering I also am working weights into my life.

I find when I do stick to exercise, it gets more and more enjoyable. The more I do, the more I want to do. It's getting moving in the first place that's the hard part!