Old Sun, Feb-01-04, 11:35
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/141/125 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 60%
Default Boo hoo, I've got the flu...

OK, enough with the cute stuff.

Like a fool, I procrastinated on the flu shot this year till too late and yep, got the flu. Hit me like a freight train late yesterday afternoon--the nagging scratchy throat from the time I woke turned into a full-blown snarfy congestion magnet, fever, icky feeling, shivering then burning, etc etc.

I'm still running the fever this morning, still coping with the gunky congestion, but feeling better. Admittedly, my sole activity today besides naps and computer browsing will be driving to the local airport to pick up my DH from a business trip--not exactly a challenging day. But I noticed something weird. It usually takes me DAYS to reach this point with the flu (the point where I know the worst is over.) The only thing really differentin my life is the LC. So is there anyone else who has noticed this--that you recover faster from being sick? Is it the vitamins? Is it because I'm exercising more? Is it because my body's not fighting the cruddy white flour/sugar effects? Is it a combination? I'm interested in whether others have noticed this.

Best wishes,
Nancy
Sponsored Links