#14   ^
Old Sat, Jan-31-04, 22:55
Registered Member

Plan: My Own LC plan
Stats: 230/153/155 Male 68
BF:32%/11-12%/9-10%
Progress: 103%
Default Dan I AGREE WITH WHAT YOU DID

Dan I feel bad for you. I thought you posted a great post with some very good thoughts and you've gotten hammered for it. Sorry

You did a refeed, great! It's a good idea and has helped many a dieter get over a stall. I have done many refeeds during the 2 1/2 years I've been LCing and they have been a great help. They are well backed up by tons of anecdotal information and also scientific research. They can help with cravings (not for everyone though), they help with leptin levels, and very importantly they allow one to maintain a high level of training.

You workout like crazy, and do cardio, Wonderful! People say "you can't workout that much you need blah-blah amount of time between workouts". I say many Bodybuilders workout that much AND DO FINE. I say show me the scientific research thats backs up your amount of time for recovery. Besides if anyone can workout that much its going to be a 18 year old male.

Please remember all! WHAT WAY YOU HAVE USED TO LOSE WEIGHT IS ONLY YOUR WAY. TO TELL SOMEONE THAT YOU HAVE TO DO THIS OR THAT, OR NOT EAT THIS OR THAT WAY BECAUSE IT DOESN'T WORK FOR YOU IS IGNORANCE. We are all individual and different. We can help and encourage and give suggestions, but this guy found a way to lose his weight, and I'm happy for him! I think a 18 year old male with a with a high amount of muscle is rather realistic in hoping for a fairly quick weight loss.

Sorry all for ranting. I feel bad for this guy though, and would hate to see him discouraged from his weight loss goals. I would hope this board can be a place for positive encouragement and help.

Anyhow My Thoughts,
JWJ

PS - Dan I don't think the cheese only was such a great idea. But if it works for you, fine!