View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jan-31-04, 13:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320/220/195 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 80%

Any of ya'll ever go to Golden Corral ??? They now have Pamphlets out that detail which foods are Diet Friendly. Here's a few of their definitions:

Limited Sodium: <500mg per serving. That pretty much includes everything except pure Salt.
Low-Carb: <5g CHO and >10g Protein per serving of Meat and <10g CHO per serving of Veggies. This includes pretty much all their meats [other than Fried] and Vegetables [other than Potatoes.]
Weight Watchers: They Give the Points, so there's no real definition.
Diabetic (Low Sugar): No Sugar Added. But, frequently includes foods high in natural sugars and starches such as Fruits and Cakes.

Low-Fat:

Single Item -- <30% Fat; <1000mg Sodium; Fruit and Grain [or Calcium Rich Food]
Meal -- <30% Fat; <1500mg Sodium; 2 servings of Fruit or Veggies; 1 serving of Grain or Calcium Rich Food.

Here's the kicker, their suggestion for a Low-Fat Meal -- 3 oz. Steak [or Roast Beef,] 1 cup Buttered Noodles, and 1 cup Veggie Trio [or Broccoli,] and a Corn Muffin. I'm sure that would fill you up...HEAVY SARCASM intended. After a meal that small, I'd be horribly hungry. Well, at least they're suggesting Green Veggies over Potatoes. BTW, I wondered why they said Grain or Calcium Rich Food, considering Grains are very low in Calcium.

I like to go there because they have the Buffet to Go for $3.39/lb. Of course, they're probably expecting you to put cheap stuff like Bread and Potatoes in there, so that they make a tidy profit. Instead, I chose Steak and Salmon with Spinach.