View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Jan-31-04, 12:52

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Kristine, I'll have you know that I cooked up that squash on Thursday morning! For you new folks, someone had asked a while back how long spaghetti squash keeps after it's been cooked. I said I didn't know, but judging from the one that had been sitting on my counter, I knew that raw ones stayed fresh for months (probably 3 to 4). Then there were all the snide remarks about after so long I should have been able to teach it tricks. I replied that it had already mastered the commands Sit, Stay, Play Dead.

Anyway, it's quite tasty. My favorite way to eat it is slathered with butter and drizzled with SF maple syrup. Even DH loves it that way.

Did I mention that I finally got my hair cut on Wednesday evening? Let me tell you about my experience.

The salon was in the trendy part of town. I walked it and it was like a huge loft, with salon chairs scattered here and there and large mirrors propped up on easels (weird angle for viewing, if you ask me). So we talked for probably 20 minutes, and I was pretty sure I knew what she was going to do. I stressed that I liked a straight, sleek look, that I wanted my bangs kept long (still touching my eyebrows), and the sides over my ears. All in all, I told her I didn't want much cut off at all.

She asked me if I wanted a glass of wine. I'm thinking, "This place is all right!" But declined.

So she's washing my hair and asks me if I work right in Portland. I said no, I work in Westbrook near the Maine Mall and I live up in Norway. Then she starts cutting my hair in the back. No problem. I never even look at my hair back there, so whatever she does is fine.

So then she starts on the sides, and says to me, "So do you work here in Portland?" Huh? Very slowly I said, "No, I work in Westbrook near the Maine Mall." She asks where I live. Is this woman listening to me at all?

All the while she's cutting and cutting. The layers are getting shorter and shorter (she ended up cutting off half my hair). Then she starts styling it. My bangs tend to curl to one side, and she styles it like that. I tell her no, I like them straight and I fix them myself. Two minutes later she's got them styled so they curl to the side again. I again fix them and say that I REALLY prefer them straight. Two minutes later, and guess what.

And then, if the hair doesn't do what she wants it to, she cuts it more! THAT'S WHAT 6-YEAR-OLDS DO WHEN THEIR HAIR DOESN'T LAY RIGHT, NOT HIGH-PAID STYLISTS! And, she kept asking me if I wanted my bangs shorter!

Then she starts putting glop in (that icky waxy stuff). I tell her not to put any in because it weighs my hair down too much. Not this stuff, she says, and puts it in anyway.

By the time I got home, it was literally plastered to my head, and the hair is so thin on one side that it doesn't cover my ear at all. I headed right upstairs and dunked my head in the sink.

DH comes up and when he sees me he says, "This can't be good" and turns right around to go downstairs again.

I managed to get it looking ok, but not great. DH, however, says he really likes it, and means it. Huh?

Last time I go to that salon again!

Trouble is, yesterday it looked not bad when I went to work, and everyone at work said they really liked it.

So I just got cleaned up today (going to friends for dinner), and it looks amazing. Grrrrrrr!

Just when you think you got it all figured out. So now what do I do? I really don't want to go back, but she apparently gave me a really good cut.

I don't know whether I'm happy or angry!