View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Jan-31-04, 11:52

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
Some of you helped me in my previous post on my stall and gave me some good advice. Of course, no one knew the cause of my stall.

To tell you the truth, Dan, I think you should include yourself in that "no one" as well. A stall, as mentioned in the thread you linked to, is a period of 4-6 weeks with no loss of pounds OR inches. Since you reported that you were losing inches, you were not in a stall at all. It is very rare for a person to lose weight absolutely steadily and in a straight downard line no matter how correctly they are following the plan or how much they are excercising.
You seem very impatient (as I take it from your post that you were "angered" at not losing as fast as you wanted) and are already resorting to all sorts of "tricks" and "tactics" to force your body to lose weight as fast as you want it to, instead of being patient and letting your body shed the fat at the rate that it's comfortable with.
I have to ask...where's the fire, dude?
As I see it, you can follow the plan, excercise reasonably and be patient while your body does the rest (and a lot less stressed, I might add) or you can spend your entire weight loss journey beating your head up against a wall because you're not dropping X number of pounds per week according to some pre-determined schedule.
Remember...the more you tinker and try to figure out why you're not losing as fast as you'd like, the less likely it is that you'll ever figure out what works best and what doesn't. If you make 5 changes at once and your weight drops a few pounds, how do you know which of those 5 changes produced the results you were after or for that matter even if it WAS one of those changes and not the fact that your body was about to drop a few more pounds anyway?