Thread: Old and New
View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jan-31-04, 09:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 425/322/240 Female 68 inches
BF:Lots
Progress: 56%

Happy early birthday and congrats on your loss so far.

My advice, not that you asked for it, is to quit low carbing 'on and off'. Going back and forth is the worst thing you can do on Atkins. It can make you more resistant to weight loss every time you go off and on. Secondly, get rid of that feeling of desparation as far as your weight loss is concerned. I'm sure your son loves you no matter what your weight is and, while it's nice to want to look as nice as possible for his wedding, I'm sure he couldn't care less if you show up at 125 or 525 as long as you are there. I know that's how my son feels anyway (he's 24).

Sometimes putting too much pressure on yourself to lose x number of pounds by such and such a date can backfire on you. If things don't move as quickly as you think they should be, you can get discouraged and turn to food for comfort. You can't control the rate at which your body will release fat. All you can control is your own behavior. So just vow to stick with the plan 100%, drink your water, and exercise and one thing is for sure, even if you're not completely where you want to be by Oct., you'll be a heck of a lot closer than you are now! Good luck!