Old Sat, Jan-31-04, 07:25
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 245/234/140 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 10%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrmeiste
>When Atkins turned into ADkin$ and started to produce and sell all these LC junkfoods...

gilibel,

I find this fairly disrespectful and inaccurate. Atkins was reluctant to commercialize his program, in terms of expanding the business of selling controlled carb foods, and had to be convinced of the merits of doing so by his associates. He only did so with the conviction that doing so would benefit those who followed his program. I've had these Atkins products and they've suited me fine. If the foods don't agree with them, you don't have to eat them. To characterize Atkins in this way runs afoul of the facts and improperly impugns his motives.

I think Gilibel was talking about the company since the death of Atkins - not the Dr himself. I bought their latest book (the Atkins Essentials: A guide to induction and beyond) that states you should eat 2-3 of their LC products a day in their induction menu planner. I'm sorry but that is ADkin$ and would never have happened pre the death of Dr Atkins who believed in making induction as whole and natural as possible!