View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jan-31-04, 07:11

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Elaine, I just spent some time in Fitday and got it figured out. I didn't know you could divide into meals, etc. Cool!

I also looked at the menu you sent. I'll tell you my observations, but they're just my opinions based on what has worked, and not worked, for me in the past. I know you have to keep your carbs higher because of the thyroid thing, but do they have to be quite that high? The day you sent me you had 60 grams of carbs, which was 30% of your total intake. Your protein was right where it should be (120 grams, 24%), but your fat intake seemed low to me at 37%.

I think I might try tweaking the percentages a bit to get more fat and fewer carbs. Maybe around 40 carbs. Is that doable for you? Also, do you find that some carbs are better than others for you? Do you "do better" when the carbs are from veggies as opposed to fruits or grains? I've been eating more dairy lately, and that comes with carbs. How do dairy carbs affect you?

Anyway, these are just my ramblings. I don't know if they'll work for you. If you do tweak, give it at least 2 or 3 weeks to see how your body reacts.