View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 23:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320/220/195 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 80%

I Don't count them - as in not eating when I'm hungry - But, I do watch them. I almost never eat over 2,500 kcal anyways, and unsually stay around 2,000 or less.

Almost forgot, I've become a little Anal Retentive record-keeping wise...I weigh everything I eat at home to the gram. I actually bought a scale that weighs in grams. Plus, I keep track of the temperature (doneness) of meats I cook in the oven as well as the cooking time and oven temperature and when and where I bought it.

One thing I discovered when I started weighing my foods was that I was underestimating my veggies. What I'd [eyeball] estimated as 1-1/2 cups of Greens was actually 4 cups [by weight.] I wonder what that means for the days I estimated myself eating 8-12 cups ??? Was I really eating 21-32 cups or was I doing a better job of eyeballing the larger "4 cup" salad vs. the smaller "1-1/2 cup" ??? Maybe I should buy another one of those bowls [they were cheap and cracked eventually] and weigh it. If I really was underestimating my veggies by that much, that means for most of my diet I was actually eating 20-60 servings of Green Vegetables a day. I always wondered why a [bunch of] Spinach only lasted for 2 or 3 salads, and a large head of lettuce barely made 2.