View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 11:38

Plan: 6 week cure
Stats: 217/183/120 Female 4'11"
BF:Yes, it is.
Progress: 35%

"Those other diets, they're about doing what someone else tells you to do – people aren't really in control," said Ms. Wilbourn, who holds weekly Thin Within classes in her Cedar Hill home. "God gave us a temple, and when we fill it up and do all kinds of crazy things to it, we're vandalizing it."

Thin Within is not your typical diet. Ms. Wilbourn said the program puts no restriction on what participants eat, as long as they eat only until they're comfortable – not until they're full.

"We try to think of our stomachs as being the size of our fist," she said. "You only need to eat that much food."

I supposed you can't count as someone else telling you what to do when you are told to only eat until comfortable - not full and think of your stomach as being the size of a fist? Hmmm - seems to me like they are being told what to do!

My stomach the size of my fist? Well, I'm a very small woman and my fist size would probably have the volume of less than 1 cup. I'm in the process of eating a 3-cup salad with eggs & cheese on top - guess I'm eating too much!!! NOT.

"This is a live-it, not a diet," Jeesh - I thought that was low carb eating as well.

"She said it doesn't matter if they eat fast food or substitute dessert for dinner, as long as they follow the portion rules." Again, isn't this someone else telling you what to do?

As far as not exhibit self control in my lifestyle I beg to differ - I could be hogging down on lasagna with the rest of the office staff right now, but I'm not - I'm eating my salad and enjoying it. I think that's showing some self-control here.

Besides, I've been on the way of life since mid-August and still haven't strayed from the path (I don't like to call it cheating - it's just straying), doesn't that exhibit some self-control?

shortstuff