View Single Post
  #33   ^
Old Thu, Sep-27-01, 09:54

Plan: Atkins/ Modified BFL
Stats: 212/174/23
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default just a word of caution

I don't pretend to know alot about this, however, I think I read some posts mentionning bringing the salad dressing out for about an hour (out of the fridge) beforehand, or some people storing dressings at room temperatrue.

Just please be careful if there is any garlic in those recipes...botchilism is a real thing, and very scary. I tried making flavoured oils when i saw them in the stores but had read about this concern...phoned health/nutrition Canada (can't remember the exact branch, it was years ago) and she severely cautionned me!...saying garlic in oil MUST be refrigerated, at a low temp, AND when using it don't have it out for more than 15 min.

I'm sure someone here will know more of the science than I pretend to...but just be careful when it comes to garlic and oil at room temperature.

Muse

ps. I posted this site, probably in the wrong place, but it is for Renee's salad dressings (Canada) and gives the carb counts for each! LOW CARB!!! yay! ....sometimes, I just can't be a slave to the kitchen! http://www.renees.com/products.asp?page=1#nutritional