#65   ^
Old Thu, Jan-29-04, 19:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 277/241.4/140 Female 5'4"
BF:???/???/Healthy!
Progress: 26%
Angry What a crock!!

Hi all...

I went to the gym after school today for my session with the personal trainer. All I really wanted was for her to show me how to use the various machines, so that I don't hurt myself. What I got was a complete session (measurements, body fat, etc.). Then, of course, they tried to get me to sign up for one-on-one training. That in itself is not so bad; that's how they make their living. What irritated me is them poo-pooing my way of eating. They kept saying that I was going to lose muscle, that I needed to "eat the right kinds of foods in the right amounts", and that if I signed up, they would develop an eating plan for maximum success.

Maybe I was too sensitive, but it kind of pissed me off. Like I'm too stupid to know what's best for me. I told her that I feel better than I have in a long time, but she just gave me some literature to read about "fad" diets.

I do have an appointment with her tomorrow to finish finding out about the machines, then I'm going to do this on my own. If I could just pay for the trainer without the nutrition "preacher", I'd do it. But, I think they're a package deal.

Any thoughts for me??