View Single Post
  #335   ^
Old Thu, Jan-29-04, 12:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 050/029/000 Female 5ft, 8 1/2 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

It's so easy to get discouraged when you see no progress. I haven't been able to lose weight in about 5 years. I seriously thought that these toxins may be the reason, expecially since I lost 9 lbs in the first week. This is now the end of week 3 and I am still at that total 9 lb loss.

I can say that the diet is not difficult (even though I strayed this past weekend). I shocked myself today as I was walking through a parking lot at the mall and saw a candy paper lying on the ground. Instead of thinking "Wow, I'd like one of those", I thought that person doesn't realize how bad that is for them. Am I nuts?

Anyway, I thought I'd post my menu. This has been steady for about a week now and I still haven't lost. As you can see, I do "cheat" a little, but I can't see that it should hurt much.

Upon arising: Cran water w/ SF orange flavored metamucil (My homemade cranberry juice has lemon juice and spices in it)
About 15 min later: Hot lemon water
Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled in a pat of real butter
Lunch: 1 cup of spring mix greens with diced venison roast and blue cheese dressing
4:00 pm: baked diced apple with 5 tsp ground flax seeds and maybe a splash of English toffee DaVinci syrup (tastes just like apple crisp--yummy)
Dinner: Meat and green veggie or salad

I do drink the cran water 20 min. before meals and at bedtime I also have it but add the metamucil again.

Do you think that the "extras" I am having could be stopping my weight loss or am I just an extremely slow loser?

Carol