#25   ^
Old Thu, Jan-29-04, 08:41

Plan: atkins
Stats: 164/146.0/135 Female 64 in
BF:38.5/31/20
Progress: 62%
Default Can I join too???

Hello Ladies,

I am currently at 151. I have been doing modified Atkins since early December. I am now comfortably fitting in my clothes. Yay!!!

I've spent most of my married life (7 years) at 145 or above and had resigned myself to the fact I may never see 135 my wedding day weight again.

However, recently my DH went on Akins for type II diabetes and high cholesterol and has had phenomenal results. This has given me new hope that I too can find my way back to my wedding weight, or maybe even below!

We have been ttc our 2nd child since May and it has really taken an emotional toll on me. We were looking for all sorts of reasons why we did not have success, I cut out strenous exercise, and took up binge eating to help myself feel better. End result is I reached my all time high weight of 164, my size 12 were all too tight, and something had to be done.

Now, we are committed to a sugar-free, low processed carb lifestyle. We eat meat, salad and vegetables. Niether of us indulge in replacement treats for our favorite carbs (no bars, shakes, splenda, etc.), we are committed to a lifestyle change. DH occasioanlly indulges in pasta dishes or low-carb beer, but I have decided to stay on the straight and narrow at least until I see 145.

I can't see that I will ever return to my pre marriage exercise schedule, but I am trying to at least walk or do the Firm Exercise video 5 days/week. I know lack of time is a poor excuse, but I feel so guilty spending time away from my 3/o who has been at the sitter all day, and who wants to exercise at 8pm??

Anyway, the short of it is I would love to wear size 8 jeans again.
With less muscle now than when I married I may have to aim for 125 to be the same size, but wouldn't that be wonderful!

Thanks for listening.
I hope to report more forward progress soon!

Valerie