View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-29-04, 04:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'5.5
BF:
Progress: 0%
Smile Hi Guys

I'm a newbie...I did low carb for a little while a few years ago and lost around 30lbs....now, I'm on low carb to stay I'm so glad I found this site! I browsed this site for a week before posting this, and I really wanted to join because of how people support each other here.

I'll tell ya a little about myself...
I was a little chubby as a child....around 10 I really started gaining weight. My parents put me on Weight Watchers then...didn't help. Kept gaining until I hit high school and had had it with teasing, so I dropped weight....I was anorexic for awhile, then later bulimic up until a few years ago (I'm 25)...so I gained all the weight back plus some.

Both of my parents have weight issues; my family and I usually eat when we are upset...such a hard habit to break! I'm trying to start new habits...the emotional eating issue is the worst...but the good thing about lowcarb is that after awhile eating gets like a chore sometimes (atleast that was what happened last time.)

I'm from Mississippi but recently moved to Washington. I love it here...so beautiful! The move has been a bit stressful, so my plan is that losing the weight will give me more energy and get me out of this funk...plus the increase in confidence wouldn't hurt

Nice to meet everyone
Melaney
Sponsored Links