View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jan-29-04, 00:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 221/215/140 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress:

Hi there,
I had great success using Zyban to quit smoking. The only thing to keep in mind is that it is a version of Wellbutrin, which is an anitdepressant. Wellbutrin is prescribed in doses of approx.75 to 150 mg. Zyban is the exact same drug in lower doses. If you are on an anit-depressant you'll need to discontinue it for a few weeks before taking Zyban. If you're not on an antidepressant then be aware of the side effects. They are'nt horrendous-to me, they were very mild- but my male friend Sandy took it and he flipped out. He is the MOST undepressed person in the world so maybe the fact that he was taking anti-depressants was a factor. He had a blackout and injured his shoulder quite badly one night. He still does'nt remember how. Talk to your doctor or get a prescription pill dictionary and look up both drugs.
All in all, I recommend it for short term help. It cuts off all of the cravings. For me at least. Good luck. Oh, and I did'nt gain an ounce and that was before I went on Atkins. Hope you have a good an experience as I did. Laura