View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 23:52
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins Like
Stats: 266.5/231/160 Female 5' 7"
BF:50.06%/42.96%/25%
Progress: 33%

Just getting moving for me in the beginning was very difficult - I could only exercise 3 min. the first day - eventualy I was doing 60 min of cardio (actually mixed because I use the Gazelle which has built into the routine some upper body exercises) but I think I was overworking and not really getting anywhere after a while. I have lost 60 inches since Oct 25 2003.

Now I do weights Mon & Thursday - cardio Tues, Friday & Sunday - 45 min. per day.

I wanted to leave some free time to address stalls - I can increase exercising by another day of weights and still be doing only 6 days - or increase my time per day to 60 min. All of the reading I have been doing recommends 30-45 min per day & only 60 min per day when you get into a stall - once the stall is broken you back off again to 45 min.

I think I would have liked someone to explain all of this to me in the beginning - I don't think it would have scared me, I as most people, do believe when they start this WOE that they will become fit and slim - and that they will have to work at it (some more than others).