View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 23:20
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/135/123 Female 5 foot 5 inches
BF:
Progress:

I'd say that the initial investment in this plan is probably where you will spend the most...restocking your fridge, freezer, and pantry w/ items that are Atkins approved. And, I'll admit, knowing I had to buy meat instead of a box of pasta and a jar of sauce was scary because I know meat costs more. I have discovered that it really isn't THAT much more money, especially if you buy in bulk and make it ito individual portions. Buy a whole pork loin and have it sliced into chops and/or a few roasts. Buy on sale...and stock up. The best thing is, the expense is of set by the fact that we are not buying a $3.00 bag of chips 2-4 times a week and a couple of half gallons of ice cream! We are not buying breads, pastas, brownies, or even the items needed to bake cookies (sugar, flour, chocolate chips, etc)...so it balances out. Plus, you are worth spending a little more on healthy lifestyle, aren't you???? I know I'd think nothing of spending 7 bucks to get 2 half gallons of ice cream, but I'd hesitate and not get a couple of steaks and some fresh veggies. Not any more!