View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 21:54
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 297/280/135 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 10%

You know, we are feeling a bit more energetic (maybe mostly due to the euphoric feeling we have at such a wonderful start). A few days I was getting headaches, and I know that's probably a withdrawal symptom. We're reading through the Atkins book, and find it also very encouraging. Quite often we just look at each other and say, "WE CAN DO THIS!" We've always been big meat eaters, love eggs and cheese. Our downfall always was the potatoes, pasta, rice, and bread. We both love to cook, and are "home chefs", each of us having our own specialties that we like to produce. My DH is the gourmet and best meat cook. He likes to do lamb roasts, prime rib roasts, anything on the grill; can make an entire turkey dinner that is absolutely marvelous. I am more into the standard comfort foods like lasagne, shredded beef enchiladas, almost any pasta dish, various meats, pies and cakes, sauces, etc. Anyway, we have about 80 cookbooks of all types; and I could sit and read cookbooks like most people would read any other good book. My DH and I have been fixated on food all our lives. Some of us are just born that way. What we enjoy so much about this Atkins WOE is that we can enjoy our meat, eggs, and cheeses, and also we love fresh vegetables (raw or steamed). We don't eat from boxed or canned foods (with the exception of such items as tomato sauce, for instance), as we like to cook everything from "scratch". We found a long time ago that most restaurants can be very disappointing in their ability to put out a great meal, so we rarely eat out. We can do better at home. We get in the kitchen together much of the time and enjoy working with each other on putting something wonderful on the table. Oh my! I didn't mean to get so carried away, but then talking about food and cooking is one of my favorite topics!