Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

Kristine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine
My 60-ish carbs a day is hardly "subsistance"...

Ok I agree it's not subsistance - But are you honestly, truely, happy and satisfied at that level day after day after day, without EVER going over that level? If you ever do weaken and go over, do you get the water gain the next day? Then go back on the merry go round of under 20 carbs to lose that water weight? It might not be true for you, but for me if I constantly keep my carb levels in control but not as low as 60 I don't suffer from the water gain if I have a few extra carbs in one day. I'm definitely not anti-low carb, but I'm definitely not Pro-Atkins, though at one time I was. I just truly believe that there is a better balance to be acheived by combining lower fat with lower carb, from reading on this forum I see many people trying to satisfy hunger with 0 carb foods that are extremely high calorie - I KNOW the argument about fat being self limiting, but obviously that dosen't work for all - and for a lot of people the good carbs do a better job of filling the belly.

I know everyone is different, I was just pleased that some companies are defending carbs in the midst of the current low carb frenzy.