View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 17:40

Plan: low glycemic
Stats: // Female jkl
BF:
Progress: 69%

Hi, again,

I think the answer depends on your goals. Do you want to build muscle? Then you might want to cut out the evening run after your weight-lifting. But the time you do your weights and your run, especially if you also ran that morning, you will almost certainly be catabolic. Form your stats, it looks like fat-loss is no longer your primary goal. is this correct? Frankly, what would it hurt to give it a try? Do some lifting with good intensity 3x/week, and stick with your morning runs. Make sure you have at least one day (maybe two) of good rest and no exercise so that your body has time to recover.

Additionally, if you want to build muscle, you may need to up your carbs to the 40-plus ECC range and make sure you are getting enough protein (1g/lb of body weight is a good baseline. The hardcore lifters do more).

How long has it been since you've had a week off? Sometimes overtraining is one of the factors behind poor results. If it's been more than two months, I might even try several days of rest before you start. I am a fairly experienced lifter, but new to BFL. Definitely get the book, or perhaps one of the others that incorporate weight training (like Body Rx).

Essentially what's happening is with long runs, you are telling your body to be lighter and more aerodynamic - like a cheetah. With lifting, you are telling it to be strong, dense and muscular, like a lion. If you're telling it both at once, no wonder it's confused. Pick how you want to look (cheetah vs lion) and go for it.

Cheers,

Friday