#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 14:57
Registered Member

Plan: PP/Omega
Stats: 163/123/120 Female 5'4"
BF:no idea/too much
Progress: 93%
Default disaster

I posted a couple of weeks ago to say that I'd had my annual physical and my blood pressure was way down and I've come off the bp pills.

Now I've received the results of the blood tests and it's not good. Compared to last year (when I was a vegetarian) only my tricglycerides showed improvements (80mg/dl this year as opposed to 336 last year). My total cholesterol this year was 347 (159 last year); my HDL this year was 79 (36 last year); my LDL was a whopping 252 this year (56 last year); my homocysteine was 9.1 this year (5.3 last year). My red blood cells are "slightly large" and so I'm to be tested for B12 and folate levels (I eat spinach every day and, of course B12 on Atkins, plus take a supplement of both). For some reason my HSCRP, which was low last year, isn't recorded this year. I'll ask about that when I call.

This is a great blow and the doctor says, of course, to adopt a low-fat diet. And she's pushing an Omega-3 diet, which I wouldn't mind except that the fish we get here is awful and I don't even want to think what goes into it. Anyway, it doesn't fill me up like meat and eggs do. This is so depressing I just want to cry.

And I'm still not losing weight, either.
Sponsored Links